Thursday, June 21, 2012

Exercise Page 8 - 9

EXERCISE:
Fill in the blanks with when, while, because, since, if, unless, before, after, wherever, although, so that, or as if.

1.      When Edison invented a lamp which conducted electricity, gas had been the chief means of lighting home and streets.
2.      I saw an old friend of mine while I was entering the building.
3.      Though his car was much too small, he decided to sell it.
4.      He won’t pass the examination unless he study harder.
5.      Wherever he went, he was warmly received.
6.      The executive acts, as if he owns the company.
7.      If I get the money on time, I can go on vacation.
8.      Although she spends a lot of money on clothes, they never seem to suit her.
9.      I have a lot of extra work to do because my assistant is on vacation.
10.  Since they moved into an expensive apartment, they have become very snobbish.
11.  When someone broke into her house and stole her jewelry, she was next door chatting with her neighbour.
12.  It’s because warm today so that I’m going to the beach.
13.  Though my uncle has worked hard all his life, he could never save up enough money to go on a long vacation.
14.  We will go to the theatre with you tonight if  we can get a baby-sitter.
15.  Don’t give this package to him before he sign a receipt for it.
16.  We’re as pleased with these new towels so that we’re going to buy some more.
17.  After Hitler believed that Germans were the master race, he set out to conquer all of Europe.
18.  When I was in South Africa last year, I learned to speak Spanish.
19.  He looks as if he hasn’t ever changed his clothes.
20.  Repairs will be made if they are necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment